Friday, October 31, 2008

Ism's

How's this picture for something fun to do on Halloween??!! AND I must say that Demon Pixie was at her Demon Pixiest!!! Jeesh, pull-ups, planks, squats, the stepper, and that's just a small portion of it. Sound fun?!

Okay, really it is pretty fun (in an ouch sort of way). Jessica (Pixie mentioned above and featured in the picture) is a very good motivator. If you ever get the chance work with a trainer, it makes a HUGE difference. I owe how far I have come in big part to her. Thanks Jess.
So, the title.
There have been a couple of "ism"s that the trainers use that I stick with and really seem to help. So, in an effort to share -

One of Demon Pixie's is "shoulders back, engage your abs!". She says that to me often. Sucky posture, years of sucky posture. So anyway, wherever I am whenever I think of it I push back and engage. It's like an ab workout all through the day.

Something that Tracy (another trainer here) likes to say is that "every meal is not going to be scrumdelyicious people". So true. Sometimes we just have to eat to fuel the machine and not worry so much about every morsel being a tastebud smorgasbord. Now, I know you can eat healthy with flavor and variety and so on. But sometimes, you just have to eat. Know what I mean? For some reason her mantra helps me - especially when I am trying to choke down salad (which I am "off" right now - can't stand the sight of it, but eat it anyway).

Off for some Halloween merriment.

How are your exercise goals going?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, You look AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you. I think I need to find a gym with classes and trainers. I have been going to Palnet Fitness 4-5 days a week (5-6am mind you) and though I feel better I have only lost 3 pounds. Very discouraging I might add. My clothes are fitting a little better, but no size change yet. Any suggestions? We do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training each day. Somehow it isn't enough. I think I need to see about a trainer. Just don't know where. We don't have a cool gym like you are at.

Miss you lots!
Deb